Thursday, July 5, 2007

reading

well...I happened upon some good reading. I was not looking for these when I found them. I was looking at crock-pot books.
The 1st is
Even June Cleaver Would Forget the Juice Box: cut yourself some slack (and raise great kids) in the age of extreme Parenting
There is a quote in there that goes something like this...and I might be getting it a little wrong, but the point is still the same
"there is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one."

The next one has been so joyful to read-
You are your choices
I have just loved this one, and I plan to buy it, so I can highlight things.

Its interesting...as I read things that help me redefine what I want out of our life, (for myself and family) most always its to slow things down. I tend to hurry. And the other interesting thing is that Jay is always reminding me to slow down. As I read, I have chuckled out loud and said to Jay, "this reminds me of you" or "this is exactly what you would say"

No comments: