Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What to eat Wednesday-Prize Winning Choco-Zucchini Cupcakes

Ok everybody.. I am now back to regular blogging. (I think)
I am finished with Thanksgiving ... am almost over being sick ... Time to move on!
And what better way than with

What to Eat Wednesday!!
I found this from Stacy Julian's blog-

I wondered how yummy it would be- it has zucchini in it- I was not so sure about that- not a big fan of adding vegetables with my chocolate.

OH*MY*YUM*

These are delicious! I could not believe it! AND the peanut butter frosting, is the finishing touch. I had never had PB frosting, and I can say that it is delish!

Everyone loves them & can not believe that there is zucchini in it. As Jay was licking the bowl he said "I can't believe I am licking zucchini!"

Prize Winning Choco-Zucchini Cupcakes
2 C shredded zucchini
3 eggs
2 C sugar
3/4 C cooking oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 C flour
2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 C milk chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Stir together zucchini, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, baking powder and chips, stirring until combined.
Spoon batter into cupcake pan lined with paper liners.
Bake about 25 minutes
Frost with Peanut Butter Frosting
Yields 24


Peanut Butter Frosting
Beat 1/2 C peanut butter, 1/2 C softened butter, 1 Tblsp milk, and 1/2 tsp vanilla with electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar until spreading consistency is reached.

Here is a little tip- I have made them several times, and it is much easier if you use the aluminum liners. They peel away so much easier.

No comments: