Tuesday, April 8, 2008

SPT-If I had eyes in the back of my head

"We've all heard that *mom*-like expression: "i've got eyes in the back of my head" (usually delivered as some sort of warning.) do you ever wonder what you would see if you actually DID have eyes in the back of your head??
This week, the challenge is to look past the "self" in the self-portrait, and focus on what's going on behind you. This is a great opportunity to practice using those eyes in the back of your head!"



If I had eyes in the back of my head I might see:


the feather duster catching on fire
the goldfish crackers being spilled and crunched into the carpet
why tucker is crying
the new toilet paper roll being unwound completely while I was in the room
that I left my purse sitting on the counter before I left for the store



But truth be told-really- I might just see a blur-

My normal eyes have very poor vision and without my contacts...I just can't comprehend what's in front of me! I have to squint to see!

I can't imagine what it would be like to try and see what's behind!

I know I would see a lot of what I am missing: the good and the bad. I would see the kindness that my children show each other. I would see the things that Jay does for me that I don't recognize. I would see lots of fingers in noses I am sure.

And there are a lot of things that for a mother are just best left unknown!!

10 comments:

Chris said...

I like your sweet thoughts. As moms sometimes we are so busy running that it is easy to miss the good, but good to miss the bad. :-)

Sarah said...

I am also sure that I would see lots of fingers in noses. Very true.

Anonymous said...

Hummm, I need to hear the feather duster story! Great post.

Kim Sue said...

I totally understand - I often miss what is right in front of me. But one of the reason I like blogging because it makes me think more about what is going on around me.

Anonymous said...

I would see a blur as well- who wants to pay for twice the vision correction? I am amazed at what I miss while I am in the room- the disasters that could have been prevented with an extra set of eyes.

Can we please, please hear the feather duster story?

Sandi said...

Your last statement is so true. Some things we just don't need to know, but every once in awhile, we see things clearly right behind us and then the kids better watch out. Fun post.

Lacie said...

I agree...I think my children are often better when I'm not looking OR when they think I am not looking-Ha!

Courtney said...

I love the blurrr...sometimes we are just so crazy busy with life that we don't stop to SEE what's in front of or behind us! And yes, there is good with the bad that we tend to miss the most!

Barb said...

I agree, there are some things as a mom that I don't want to know!

Bren's Life said...

How true is that.. The older I get the more things seem blurry to me.. I love your pictures & thoughts.