Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What to eat Wednesday- Quiche

This is the last of my breakfast items for my What to Eat Wednesdays-

This one is kind of any anytime of day meal... but I kind of think of it as breakfast/brunch!
Everyone here likes it (with the exception of 1 child)- and I like to use it after I have bought a lot of fresh spinach and I need to use it up.
This recipe came from my mother in law Carolyn.
I like to mix up all the wet ingredients, and I usually use 3-4 eggs ... depending on how much spinach I have.
I put the spinach in the pie crust then pour everything else on top. I think this is best the next day, after it has had time to settle.

Quiche
Carolyn Spear gave me this recipe.
She always has wonderful ideas and delicious recipes.
9 inch unbaked pie crust
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (1/2 cup)
¾ cup ham minced
Green onion sliced and chopped
½ green pepper chopped
eggs slightly beaten
1 cup light cream (half and half)
½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
spinach chopped

Mix all ingredients and pour into unbaked pie crust. Cook 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Kim Sue said...

yum! I love quiche and like to make a few at one time to give away or to freeze. They freeze well. Pull out, put in fridge and ready to eat the next day. I also eat for any meal and like to top with salsa.