Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What to eat Wednesday

In keeping with the breakfast/brunch theme...I share a delicious coffee cake.
I first had this from my neighbor Lisa. It is soo-o good. And so sweet.
It almost did not make it to the pictures! I had to confiscate some just to take photos!
This is great to make the night before, and it is one that is easy to share.

Granite Steps Country Blueberry Coffee Cake (Paula Deen)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) can buttermilk biscuits ( I decrease this by 2 biscuits)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Generously grease a 9-inch square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well with a fork. Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters, and dip each piece in melted butter and coat with brown sugar mixture. Arrange in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the oats.

Combine blueberries and sugar in a bowl and toss to coat. Spoon over oats and biscuits and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup oats. Drizzle remaining melted butter on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cake is golden brown and center is done. Cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm.



I made a few in individual serving dishes-very cute

5 comments:

Kim Sue said...

yum! I love them in the individual cups - super cute.

April said...

Can't wait to try this! My kiddos love blueberries.

Meghan said...

So.. When do you add the giraffe and the little man?

Anonymous said...

Those looke divine! I love blueberries! They are about the only fruit (besides maybe apple) that I enjoy in a warm baked form. I'm trying this one out for sure! And just in time for Conference Weekend! We seem to relish in the brunchy foods while we're watching conference...don't know why.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.