Thursday, May 8, 2008

What to eat Wednesday- on Thursday (again)

Ok back to our regular scheduled program- of what to eat-

Layne's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
I first had these in Oregon when Luke was about 6 months old or so.
I was working hard pumping milk for him, but was experiencing a "dip" in my supply.
I found out that oatmeal was a great "galactologue"- and it did not matter what form it was in.
So naturally I started trying to find as many recipes with oatmeal in them.
Layne to the rescue!
She brought these over one night- and I ate them all in one sitting (well I did let Jay have one!)

These are meant to be soft and gooey- thats why there is such a short cooking time. You might have to play around with the time a little bit though. But don't worry- even overcooked they are still good-



1 cup butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
cream these until smooth then add
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
combine and add to cream mixture the following
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
then add 1 at a time the following
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips ( I really feel like this is only about 1/2 the amount that it needs so go ahead and double this)
1 cup raisins (I omit this)
1/2 cup chopped pecans ( I have never had these in it)
Drop by rounded spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets. Cook @350 for 8-10 minutes then cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool.
pic of the gooey underside of the cookie-mmm yum
off to the kitchen I go....

1 comment:

April said...

These look so good! Maybe next month you should do "lighter" items. :)