Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fieldtrip to the Firestation

We took a fieldtrip to the fire department today to visit my brother.
So cool to see him in his element.
So cool to see him doing what he has always dreamed about.
SO fun to have my kids see their uncle at the firestation.
They love him, and loved having him show off everything to them.
Tucker thought it was all great, but his favorite thing was the steering wheel.
For a boy who does not talk, he sure made it known where he wanted to be!
Jamey was cute with all the kids, and showed them whatever they wanted.
Luke was putting on all the gear, and Jamey turned his head away for a minute, and Luke fell over!
Luke wrote on their wipeboard, "firefighter" the way it sounds to him.


I guess none of my children have my fear of heights!

We had a fun fieldtrip! Thanks Jamey!
I am so proud of you for not giving up on your dream. I knew you could do it. So glad you did!

5 comments:

Meghan said...

What a dream come true for kids. Even if you get to see a fire station, most kids don't get to climb all over the engine!!! Lucky.

April said...

Very cool!

Michelle Alley said...

Alisa, I haven't been on SPT recently - thought I'd check-in and see how you are doing. what a fun fun idea to take your kids tot he fire station - and to see their uncle!

pepper said...

Nels is so very jealous.

Jenn said...

what a blast!