Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SPT- emblem of the land I love, & twilights last gleaming


Lelly the wonder woman behind this said last week:

"it was such a relief (for me) to have a month's worth of challenges already out there. i found i had more time to think about my own responses. i also found i had more time to work on my general photo composition skills. and while my photos didn't always feature my *face,* there was always a part of my *self* in there (hands, toes...) are you remembering to put a part of your *self* in your spt?"

"a new month is upon us, and i am ready with four new challenges. i hope you enjoy them!"

"in the U.S., we are in the charmed time of early summer, between Memorial Day and Independence Day. school is winding down. the pools are open. the grills are fired up. we linger longer in beds made up with crisp cottons. and freshly bathed children smile up at us with sun-kissed cheeks before dreaming of strawberries and picnics and fireflies. it is a magical time of year."

"we have the chance to honor our history during this time of year. to remember how our nation came to be. to remember those who have lived and died to protect the things we hold most dear. no matter what country you call home, there is opportunity here to celebrate every homeland. every nation."

"i hope you will recognize these challenges - they are all borrowed from patriotic songs. and there is so much room for creativity within these lyrics."

tuesday, june 3rd the emblem of the land i love
tuesday, june 10th the twilight's last gleaming
tuesday, june 17th my home sweet home
tuesday, june 24th stars and/or stripes forever



So here is my take on it.

I switched last week with this week so they are reversed if you are looking at it time stamp wise on the photos, but it works for me!
emblem of the land I love-
I love our flag, the colors, the feelings it provokes in me. I was sad that this year, among a few other things taken from our yard was our American Flag. We almost always had it up. I hope to someday get a HUGE flagpole, and have an equally huge flag on it.


twilights last gleaming

This was the last night of our vacation, and the last night on the beach. We stayed so late. Long past the twilights last gleaming, to soak up every last bit of our vacation that we could.
I had spent a little time today being grumpy-about it being the last day. I had to talk myself out of it so that I would not miss the time I had. So silly-




Check out others interpretation of this from last week, and this week.

11 comments:

Kim Sue said...

there is something about twilight at the beach

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Alisa, I love the way the flags frame your face in the first picture (and bring out your eyes and complexion) and then the way your face is in the corner in the beach shot. They are both beautiful and creative and fun to see.

Thanks for always commenting and letting me know when you stop by, I appreciate your thoughts.

Midge said...

Ah the beach, I'll be going home in a week and get to go to the beach. I grew up 30 minutes from Malibu and never really went to the beach, but like In-n-out, now there is a novelty to the things I grew up with and took for granted.
Great pictures.

Bren's Life said...

I love watching the sunset at the beach.. It's so beautiful! I know the feeling of hating to leave.
Hope your doing good now that your home... Great SPT

The Monkeys said...

I totally understand the having to talk yourself out of being grumpy so you can enjoy your last amount of time, thing. I had to do that a lot whenever my husband leaves. I think I have gotten it down, now. You just forget that they are leaving again and just make it a regular day!

Chris said...

I love twilight on the beach. Great pictures! It looks beautiful

Laurie said...

Cute, cute pictures!

I don't like vacations ending either.

Unknown said...

i LOVE your flag photo - i can't believe someone would STEAL a flag from your yard!!

i tend to feel the same way at the end of a vacation...

Unknown said...

and i'm loving your "SPT" banner this month!!

Sarah said...

Twilight on the beach is amazing. I can totally relate to being grumpy at the end of a vacation. From your posts it looks like you had so much fun. I'm so glad your son's surgery went well. Take care.

Courtney said...

I love all the flags galore! My neighbor just erected a flagpole in her front yard and I love it!

Your twilight on the beach makes me envious...hope you had a wonderful vaca! It is always tough to come back to the real world :)