Thursday, June 19, 2008

SPT-Home Sweet Home

SPT-she photographs on tuesdays/self portrait tuesday

Lelly's list for june

tuesday, june 3 the emblem of the land i love

tuesday, june 10 the twilight's last gleaming

tuesday, june 17 my home sweet home

tuesday, june 24 stars and/or stripes forever



This SPT I just could not figure out what to do- I thought about my home that I live in, I thought about my children and family as my home. I thought about how glad I am that it is summer and that I have the pool to return to for our "summer home."

But none of those felt right.

This last year I have been faced with the passing of time, and the deaths of loved ones, & older friends, untimely deaths of friends children, and deaths of people that I do not know, but feel such a connection with through the blogging world.
Connections as a mother, as a daughter, as a sister, as a wife, as a child of God.
My thoughts have gone back to our heavenly home time and time again, as I have pondered the lives and deaths of others. You can't think about those things, without contemplating your own life and death.

The return home.

Today I attended a funeral for a sweet older gentleman. He was an example of steadfastness, and he endured to the end. It was a rainy cloudy morning, but by the time I got home the sun was shining, and there were beautiful clouds in the sky. I did my best at trying to get me and the clouds in the same photo.
I think about what it might be like to return home.
Who will I see first.
What will I hear (I have an idea of what music I will be hearing) and what I might smell.
I think about what it must feel like.
I think about how joyful it will be, and then think about those that are left behind.
And what a confusing feeling that must be.
Wanting at that very moment to have both.
To have the beauty and love of the eternities ahead, but wanting those that I love so very much to be with me right then too.
But maybe it won't be confusing.
Maybe it will all be so peaceful, and my mind will be blessed to see the very big picture.
And know that in the eternal scheme of things, it won't be long until I am back together with my dear family, and the friends that I call family.
I of course can easily write these things now.
Its relatively peaceful in my life.
And I am not experiencing the loss of a dear loved one, and the heartache of having someone leave before I am ready.
I am speaking of myself leaving.
How different it will feel when I am watching my immediate family depart for home.
And how I will cling to the knowledge that I will be with them again.
And continue to live the life that I need to live while I am still at my earthly home.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Thanks for this sweet thoughtful post.

Windy said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing!