Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SPT-ice cream


Our family loves ice cream, (doesn't everyone?)
and I buy it at least once a month for our traditional Rootbeer Floats on Fast Sunday.
My family had floats every Sunday growing up, so I brought that into our family, but changed it to one Sunday a month. (You know there are just sooo many treats to have and I just could not have floats hogging every sunday!)
We buy the big container at Sam's (it would be Costco if we had one) and I try and make it last as long as possible.
That is the one thing with ice cream- portion control. Everyone always thinks that somebody else got a bigger bowl, and someone wants a different bowl.
This last year my mom gave us these cute sundae cups.
They are perfect for our family. She did not know she was solving a problem, but she did!
Now everyone has the same size cup- and a nice size portion. (not soup bowl size portions!)
There are always the same amount of cups to clean up though-

Go here to see what others thought-

14 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a fun SPT, Alisa. I love your Sunday float tradition (but how it can't hog every Sunday's options).

After seeing yours, I'm wishing that I wouldn't have gotten rid of my sundae dishes.

Rachael said...

Cute sundae bowls! I bet it makes the ice cream taste better!

Chris said...

We had Root Beer Floats after every Stake dance at the Bishop's home. When my father was Bishop we always had liters and liters of Root Beer for anytime the Youth dropped in.
I love the sundae cups. Yum!!

Anonymous said...

That is a cool tradition- I like it that it is only once a month to save room for all the other fantastic desserts out there. Now to find some sundae dishes...

Anonymous said...

I gotta agree, love the sundae dishes. So cute.

Cute post.

Lene said...

Big Daddy thinks that every night should be root beer float night.

Cute sundae dishes. That would make eating ice cream fun if the dishes are cute.

Sarah said...

I love all of the traditions people have with ice cream. Very fun. I have not had a root beer float in some time.

Shelly said...

Great family traditions ~

I have those glasses and my family loves ice cream from them. Makes them feel 'special'.

Courtney said...

I love the sundae cups...we have some and everytime I pull them out the kiddos love it...even though they are getting a smaller than usual portion :)!

We have ice cream of some sort every fast sunday dinner at grandmas....I love that tradition.

Kim Sue said...

a great idea...sundae cups! we have that same problem - portion control :)

Rebekah said...

sundae bowls really must make eating ice cream so *nice*. i love it when there is a dollop of hot fudge left at the bottom...mmm.

MaryRC said...

what smart dishes! your pictures are very cool!

Unknown said...

your photos are so cute today! i have a brother-in-law who can sit down to a soup bowl size serving of ice cream, and he'll demolish the whole thing! it always makes MY stomach hurt...

Dacia said...

What cute ice cream cups! That is a great solution to portion control. The only thing is that ice cream melts faster in glass, so I always go for my plastic bowl so I can eat it a little longer!