Thursday, August 14, 2008

photo trouble

A few days ago I was so excited when I found my cord for the camera.
Little did I know that was the least of my photo concerns.

I loaded all the photos off of my camera then started to rotate them, brighten them, etc ...
I was able to export them to my desktop so that I could load them to my blog.
I went to retrieve them and noticed that none of my corrections were still part of the photo.
So I went back to Iphoto and tried to correct things, but this time I was not able to do anything to the photo.
I tried to export the photos. No go.
I tried restarting Iphoto- and then this is what my photos looked like.
Gone. The photos are just gone.
Now there is a happy side to this. It was only this weekends photos that were missing.
Everything from when we went to Colorado to previous photos is still available. And we had just done a whole library back up.
But now, whenever I import any photos this is what happens all over again.
I load the pictures you can see them, and then they disappear.
And I can't do anything to the pictures that had been loaded before.

It is so bizarre!
This is what the screen looks like of the pictures that "aren't there" and the ones I just loaded.
If I restart Iphoto- the whole screen will look like the dotted photo with the exclamation point.

Hmmm- something strange is going on.

(There are 5 photos that I had already exported that I still have on my desktop from this last weekend. They are very dark, but they will have to do.)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Ooooh...so frustrating! Chad and I were laughing last night (as I was setting up our new wireless router and having a pickle of a time) about how great technology is until it's not! I hope your photos re-appear!

Meghan said...

Groan. I have a love/hate relationship with technology. Okay to be fair, it is mostly love but still there are those moments.

Jenn said...

Argh! So sorry! But hey, I don't know how to put a screen pic on my blog like you so you are one up there! :)

Rebecca said...

Wierd...that iPhoto looks totally different than mine! The thing I hate about technology is you can never stay up with it! We so badly need a new computer...but the van (which is on it's last leg) is going to have to take priority!

Alisa said...

I agree with all of you about technology- especially what Brooke said-
"how great technology is until it's not!"
We use that phrase all the time- it's_____ until its not, so what you wrote made me laugh.
The only reason I know how to put a screen shot on my blog is because I have tech support in my own home. (That is also the reason I am relaxing a little about whats happening with I photo- surely Jay can fix it ... he can fix anything!)
You too can take photos of things on your screen- here is how!

apple shift 4 gives you a cross hair that you can select anything on the screen that you want to take a picture of then click, and then it saves it to the desktop as "picture 1", "picture 2" etc.
apple shift 4 and hit the space bar and then a click and you get a screen shot of the whole foreground window.

We are using i photo 6-
You probably have a much newer version!
And I totally hear you on the van/new computer scenario. We feel thankful that the van has lasted this long-That is why we rented a van for our trip to CA, we just could not handle the possibility of having a repair on that trip. We were blessed to have it make it through 2 trips to CO this summer.