Monday, September 22, 2008

A new week

Maybe it was when I saw my son doing the Macarana yesterday during the reverence song at church, that I thought, "I am glad tomorrow is Monday. I am glad to start a new week."

Last week had its struggles.

I was offended.
[I] offended.
I struggled to bite my tongue.
I was disappointed in others.
[I] disappointed.
My to do list grew faster than I could cross things off.
My children had a mix of their own ups and downs.
I was antsy.

I kept having "self-talks" in my head; Mini pow wows with myself.
These are just a few of the main thoughts of these important meetings:
• My success as a parent does not depend on how happy my children are
• Don't let what you can't do keep you from doing what you can
• Don't choose to be offended
• Pick your battles
• Don't complain unless you are willing to speak up so others can hear what you have to say

So I went to bed last night with the hope of a new week. Ready to face what comes. Smiling I let myself sink into the pillow and fell asleep.

Then the alarm went off this morning. Not so happy to be facing a new week. I would much rather stay asleep. ;)

Who else is ready/not ready for a new week?
To start fresh?
A clean slate?
Who else struggles with getting up to an alarm and would much rather sleep in?

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Alarm? Lauren always seems to wake up 10 minutes before mine goes off! I am excited to start a new week, just because I hope I can be better than last week.

Meghan said...

Last week we slept in late everyday. This week was going to be different. Both Jon and I set our alarms for six, but they are off by just a few minutes so between 6 and 6:45 we stayed in bed turing off one of two alarm clocks every 4 minutes and wondering how this was any better than just getting up and facing the day. I hope you have a surprisingly wonderful week.

Jenn said...

I was crying in my closet Saturday due to those sometimes-believable-and-paralyzing-lies of the enemy. So yes, I want a better week! :) Hope you have one to!

Tara said...

I never saw him doing the macarena, if it makes you feel better. It is kinda funny, though. Have a good week, and thanks for the budgeting help! I feel totally motivated now. =)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

i LOVE the positive list you made. I too offended and was offended. I apologized and then wrote a note apologizing more and then everything was fine. I think because I did that--and also didn't show that I was offended--I was able to give comfort to someone who was so offended that for just a nano-second she wanted to leave the church. She is still hurt but is dealing with it. Life is hard, isn't it?