Tuesday, March 31, 2009

spt-eight was not great


Lelly's self-portrait-challenge
The last of the 8's-
And once again I am amazed to come up with one.

This morning Jack had a field trip and we planned on Jay to go with him. I had the time as 8:30.
Jay called as I was headed out the door to take Tucker to speech wondering what time the field trip was. I told him I thought it was 8:30- He said that it did not look like they were leaving anytime soon. I started to panic thinking ...oops what if I told him the wrong time. Or worse, what if I told him the wrong day? I thought this would be a great field trip for Jay to go on, it was supposed to be over by lunchtime, he could just miss the morning of work and be back for lunch and the afternoon.
(my self-portrait- my hand holding the phone, but if you look close you can see my reflection in the phone too)

I talked to him while I was driving and they still had not left. Oh shoot- what if I really did have the wrong day?!
He called me a little after 9 saying that they were about to head out-(so I was only 45 minutes off, and I did have the right day) So if you are a co-worker of Jay's and you are wondering where he is ... He is on a fieldtrip- and will be going in a little later than planned. Blame me! (good thing I sent pecans with him today- should sweeten things up a bit! you can hit him up for a handful)
so in recap- today 8 was not great- it was not late- it was too early-

check here later today for others ideas 8-

9 comments:

vgsmom said...

8 may not have been great, but the photo is very creative.

clint said...

Was looking for Jay all morning. I was getting a little worried. Thank you for the update!!

Ann On and On... said...

Don't you hate the "what if" feelings... it sounds like it all worked out. :D

Lene said...

I love the pic!

I hate that "Oh No" feeling.

Chris said...

clever picture. I can see the time and you. Gotta love the, is this the right day and time thing. Glad it worked out. :-)

MaryRC said...

I am the worst worst worst when it comes to keeping track of schedules. I can get to work on time, but i forget my poor children's extra curricular activities. SO BAD! dont feel bad, you're not the only one. great spt

jenn said...

too funny...i hate that feeling!

Courtney said...

GR-8 photo! At least you had the right day :)...seems that field trip days are always a bit crazy!

janna said...

I am always l-8 (late) too....
Great post