Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What to Eat Wednesday- PW's new site


Ok- so this is another link- and I will post again later today with a real recipe but I had to share the news!
I love anything this woman does- and was so excited to share.
The Pioneer Woman has an addition to her site called ...

Tasty Kitchen

So what is it?

Ree said it like this:
"For a long time, I’ve wanted to create a happy little place on the web where people who love to cook could easily share recipes. Where the community would be able to tap into the bounty of tried, true, and tested recipes that exist in the arsenal of home cooks everywhere. Where recipes could easily be shared, searched for, found, and printed—and, most importantly, cooked, baked, prepared…and enjoyed!"

I got to be a part of the testing stage and loaded a few of my "what to eats" and have already made some of the recipes that other members have posted. I have loved reading what others cook, and have found some great food blogs. (like I really need more to read on the web, but still!)

It is a great place to go, and have tried and true recipes at your fingertips. I am often going to google and searching for recipes, but now I can start at the Tasty Kitchen and search things by category, or by a single item like "corn." I love that I can find every level of experience at the Tasty Kitchen. There are well seasoned chef's (real cooks!) down to people like me just making dinner for the family and blogging about it.

So go check it out- I can't wait to hear what you think!

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Thanks for the heads up Alisa. I went right out and saw your pot-pie recipe first and sent it to myself. Guess what's for supper soon? Thank YOU.