Thursday, November 19, 2009

Blessing a Day 2009- 19

I could write about being thankful for so many different things. When I sit down to write this every night I try not to make it too deep or difficult. I just try and think of one moment that stood out during the day that I felt gratitude. That I felt a blessing in that moment.

I am thankful that today I was available.

A former teacher of Savanna's passed away today after suffering a brain injury over the weekend from a fall off his roof. When I got the automated phone call from the school I new where I needed to be. I felt like I could not get out of the door fast enough.
As I walked into the cafeteria to hug those dear sweet girls I felt grateful that I could be there at that moment. That I was not tied up doing other things- like the rest of the week.
Nothing that I could do, but give hugs, and share love.

I am thankful that today I was available.

I am sure I will write more about this later.
Lori wrote about it.
Jim wrote about it on his photo blog. Day 107 -Click details to read what Jim wrote.
Read the families blog ...
The Griffis family blog-

Please keep the Griffis family and friends, the students and faculty at school in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Small world - this is the uncle of my good friend's cousin. What a tragedy.