Saturday, September 8, 2007

Good night, Sleep tight, and happy dreams to you..


We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.
(Jeff Warner)

The fragrance always remains on the hand that gives the rose.
(Gandhi)

Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us daily.
(Sally Koch)

I feel so thankful for all the thoughtfulness shown to me and my family over the last few days. Watching my kids, bringing us food. Serving us. Coming to the funeral. A sweet note. It has made the whole process of our offering service to my Grandaddy at the end of his mortal life more doable.

I am feeling so tired, and drained from today. After I got the boys all tucked in and asleep, and after kissing Savanna goodnight, I had a good cry. Feeling overwhelmed with all sorts of emotion. So thankful for the experiences. But it is all so tiring. So wonderful to be with ALL of my family. I had many memories of growing up around my 10 cousins. Memories of my Aunt & Uncle. Where I come from. What has shaped and made me who I am . What makes me tick.

There was sadness today, but also so many laughs. At the cemetery after everything was all said and done, and the funeral director had given the flag to Nana and read a poem, my Mother leaned over to Nana and said "is there anything you would like to say?" and in true Nana style she quipped "he's just being nice to me because I am next!" The laughter was wonderful!
My Grandparents had a "tradition" of eating frozen pizza and watching Lawrence Welk every saturday night. At the closing of the service we were treated to the closing song from the show. I can not think of a better way for things to end.
Lawrence Welk goodnight song
(click on the link above and press play to hear the song)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Way too precious. Sure sounds like a God-breathed day! And very impressed with the song link - I've been wanting to do that (or better, I've been wanting Ryan to do that on one of my blig posts!). May all of those thoughts continue to bless and comfort you.