I have had a little lapse in blogging...not that I have not had anything to write about. BUT.. children have been needing a little more attention this last week. Some more than others.
And I missed last wednesdays what to eat. I think I was having a little anxiety after seeing all the great photos and recipes over at the pioneer womans blog...But I got to thinking that this is not a competition. Hers do look better than mine...thats ok. I just need to keep on keeping on. No reason to stop learning, just because somebody knows more than me. I get too caught up sometimes in comparing myself to others, instead of using others good examples to encourage and inspire, and use as a springboard. So if you are thinking that too, then STOP!
I got this tag from Kim....and I am a little late in responding...
A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B: Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
10 years ago: I was living in Provo UT, in Wymount with Jay and 7 month old Savanna, loving staying home and being a wife and mother, living on love, loving to watch martha stewart, learning to cook and keep a home
5 things on my to-do list today:
1. take jack to dentist for sealants
2. plan out week... who needs to be where, when, what are we eating..etc.
3. run to sams for MILK
4. keep working on organization & laundry rotation
5. make birthday calendar....if you are reading this, will you email or comment your birthday? please?
I enjoy: creating things, holidays and the decorating that goes with them, being home, a happy family, activities that our family can all do together and still be happy at the end. etc etc.
What would I do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
Pay off the rest of our debt.
Get Jay a car that he picks out.
Get a family car thats a little newer.
Hmmmm my mind just starts going...clothing, a trip for Jay and I, a trip as a family, a trip for me and my girlfriends, A LOT of just because gift giving to people anonymously...paying someone else to do some of the projects that are around the house, (hmmm thats funny that my first thought was not to buy a new house!)
3 of my bad habits: ( i think i will say that these are annoying habits)
1. putting things off, and then coming up with last minute ideas that take too long to do and
getting frustrated that there is not enough time to do them
2. getting lost in thought while I am speaking to somebody...most often to Jay-
3. not bringing in the newspaper...they just pile up at the end of driveway like nobody is home
5 places I have lived:
5. back to Oklahoma
5 jobs that I have had:
1. Gap, Gap Kids & Baby Gap
3. dry cleaners
5. Olive Garden
5 Things people don't know about me:
1. I do my best creative work alone, but I need to have contact with my friends, and family
2. I would love to lead an orchestra someday-(although I have no idea how)
3. I love the cello..it makes something tight inside my chest and my eyes to water
4. I still sleep with my blanket
5. I ran for a full mile on saturday twice...something I have never, ever ever done
6. I am not very good with numbers.. or following directions
Holly- even though you don't have a blog
Donna-even though you don't have a blog
Layne-even though you don't have a blog
Julie-even though you don't have a blog
Allyson-even though you don't have a blog
Hillary-even though you don't have a blog