Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What to eat Wednesday-Potato Chowder

LOVE THIS! I have been making this soup for the last 10 1/2 years. I got if from a neighbor while we were living in Wymount, (married student housing) at BYU.


Potato Chowder

2 cup chopped potatoes
½ cup chopped carrots
¼ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoon salt
Cook these in 2 cups boiling water.

¼ cup flour
2 cups milk
¼ cup melted butter
Cook these together in another pot, until smooth. Add to vegetables.

Then add
1 cans worth of corn drained (I always use frozen...)
1 cup cheddar cheese
add more water if needed.

5 comments:

Kim Allsup said...

I have everything except the corn....I think I know whats for dinner tonight. this sounds easy peasy!! thanks

April said...

Yummy! We might have this tonight, also!

April said...

Okay, the soup is on the stove just waiting for us to eat it! I already snitched some and it is soooo good!

Kim Allsup said...

I just made it and love it!
oh and thanks for the corn!!!

Alisa said...

I am so glad you both liked it!
Thanks for telling me...I love getting comments!