Sunday, April 20, 2008

Please don't throw me in the briar patch

WOW-
what a weekend!
Two friends drove up from TX and joined me and the OKC friends, and we went to Time out for Women.
We all jumped at the chance of going to time out- hence the title of this post-
Why wouldn't I take a break from normal routine and go to Timeout? A break from the kids? Go out for food? Please don't make me go to timeout!

When Donna was talking to her youngest she said something about going to OK for Timeout and her little one said "are you going to cry" Donna said- No- and then Darcy said "are you going to say your sorry?"

What was the best thing for me about the weekend?

Spending time with my girlfriends. (I missed you Julie, and Meghan) Having a break- Thinking without an interrupted thought. Singing. Having friends come stay with me. Visiting. Eating out.


Loved Hillary Weeks- Her performance really made the timeout experience memorable. Her messages and thoughts in between her songs, were so real. I could relate to everything she said-whereas with some of the other presenters I felt like it was for a bit of an older crowd.

Singing along with Mercy River and thinking about how much my family loves to sing together, at meals, during scripture study, in the car, going to bed. (so thankful that my soon to be sister in law sent me the music to enjoy before time out!)

Getting new music to play here at home. (here and here and here)

Going to the OKC memorial without kids. Funny how different of an experience it is.



Starting off our weekend with a surprise Friday morning visit from my sister with dough nuts.

Surprise gifts and oh-so- many-compliments from my TX friends- a real boost for me!

(Go visit Kim's blog to see more pics, and to read her funny story about a blog sighting!)


And tomorrow I will have to post more of my thoughts about this weekend and indulging- my pen and paper journal that I wrote in yesterday & today-is uspstairs where everyone is asleep.
Tucker has been sick and I don't want to wake him up before he does it on his own.

5 comments:

Bren's Life said...

How fun! What great friends to come & wisk you away. Time Outs are a lot of fun.. Hillary Weeks was at ours here & she was Great!

Hilary said...

I loved my TOFW too! I loved Mercy River... wished their CD had some of their hymn arrangements on it. I loved those! Glad you had such a great time!

April said...

A fabulous weekend with fabulous women! Thanks for being such a wonderful hostess!!!

Courtney said...

What an awesome experience! I have totally thought about doing one of the Time-Out's but never have...this makes me really want to do it! Yeah for girl time!

BTW...you look so happy and beautiful in the pics, I can tell you had such a fun, relaxing, and inspiring time!

michelle said...

Time with girlfriends, singing, eating, being inspired -- sounds like the perfect weekend.