Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What to eat Wednesday- Cherry Pie

I love this pie- This is my Nana's and my Mom's cherry pie-
For the longest time I made this for Jay on his birthday. Sometime ago-I had asked him what kind of pie he liked and he said "berry."
Well when he said "berry"- somewhere in my mind I thought that meant "cherry!"
So whenever I would ask what he wanted and he would say "berry," I always made "cherry!"
3 years ago- On his birthdayI finally learned what he meant when he said- "berry"- We laughed and laughed over this miscommunication! I wonder how many more years we would have gone, with him wanting berry, and me making cherry!

I wish I could say that I made the crust- but no-
My mother in law makes the best crust, and someday I will learn how- but not today-

Cherry Pie


1 can red tart cherries in their juice
2 1/2 Tablespoon minute Tapioca
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon flour
1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring

Mix all together & let set for 15 minutes. Stir and put in pie crust. Add top crust and vent. Cook for 15 minutes @450, then for 25 minutes @350 or until brown.

3 comments:

Michelle Alley said...

This cherry pie sounds reall good - such a cute and funny story about berry when you heard cherry! I have always loved cherry pie too! Such a great idea about Luke's traveling book...take care Alisa!

Hilary said...

I adore cherry pie.... I'll definitely try your recipe. Mine uses 2 cans of cherries and they are expensive!!

Bren's Life said...

Are you kidding me, you made pie & your leaving in 2 days.. Wow you are insane girl! I need the address of where your going to be staying, because it won't get to you by sat..