Thursday, May 22, 2008

SPT-something borrowed

she photographs on tuesdays-oops its thursday!

I was so excited when Lelly posted the month long challenges- I knew exactly what I wanted to take a photo of for the "something borrowed"-

This is my cute neighbor Lisa-
She is the one who made me the most delicious blueberry sweetness-
She made me the yummy turkey gobbler cobbler-
She also got me hooked on the wasa crackers-

Everything she does is cute. We borrow things from each other all the time. We are separated by one house. It is so great to be able to pick up the phone and ask for something, and know that she will call too. We have borrowed cheese, pasta, canned goods, soap, & paper from each other. We have picked up each others children, or dropped them off when the other is in a bind. We even borrow each others children to keep ours occupied so we can get something done!
Her home is so comfortable. When we first moved in, it was winter- not a great time to meet your neighbors. But as soon as things warmed up, and the kids were out of school, she had us over for lunch. I instantly felt comfortable. Like walking into an old friends home.
There was a moment- that lasted an instant- and then it was gone- that I felt a tinge of discomfort. When I asked her what her husband did for a living- and she replied "he is a senator."
For a split second, I almost felt self-conscious. And then it was gone.
It did not last because she is so down to earth- easy to talk to- I almost forget why I have called her, or why I walked down to her house.

I can almost always count on seeing her in a cute apron- and tonight when I ran down to get this photo- I had mine on too! We laughed and laughed taking this picture! Thanks for taking it with me, Lisa!

I have the best neighbor!
It is so wonderful to have a great neighbor to "borrow" from!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Way to go, knowing your neighbors and all! So many people don't take the time. We have great neighbors on either side of us that we can call on for anything and I love that!

me said...

You are so lucky to have a great neighbor like that!

April said...

What a blessing to have such a good neighbor! Hope things are running smoothly at your home this week. :)

Unknown said...

what an amazing friendship in a neighbor. that is truly special in this day and age.