Monday, June 30, 2008

Get out-overnight


We "got out" and went camping in teepees overnight with our friends the Leckies to Roman Nose State Park on Friday and Saturday.
Our family got up there kind of late due to our leaving a little later than planned, and then not having a Barbara to direct us exactly where we needed to go, we had to backtrack a little.
We had planed to have 2 teepees, but we did not get there in time to get ours, so we all shared one. It ended up being perfectly fine because it was huge- it fit all of our families. It was as comfortable as can be. (as comfortable as can be sleeping on the ground with 11 people!)
Even though we got a late start we had plenty of time for hot dogs and smores, and the kids to play Jack showing the girls and Luke a dance
before we all settled into the Teepee.I had to not think about our "visitor" hanging out on the side of the teepee.
We all slept pretty good (again, as good as you can with 11 people on the ground!) and woke up to Jay making pancakes and sausage.
I woke with a start thinking oh no- I should have got up to get breakfast going- but thankfully as usual Jay is always a step ahead of me! THANK YOU Jay!
After everyone got up and got going, we sat and visited while the kids played, then loaded everything up and headed for the springs.
It was so beautiful- there was a creek, and then a short walk/hike to a spring. I don't remember the exact amount-
but this spring dumped something like 3 to 6 hundred gallons of water a minute!


The kids played and played, and the 2 littles of our group would have loved to stay in longer!
Everyone was so dirty by the end. We packed everyone up and headed for home with a stop for lunch.
We will go up again for the day sometime this summer to spend time at the creek and the springs- but we all think that we will wait to do more camping until the weather cools.

We got home and were grateful for:
nice controlled temperature showers,
ice water,
washing machine,
air conditioning,
good friends who are up for an overnighter in a teepee with our family!


Reminder for next time...
flashlights
water shoes
more changes of clothes and shoes so all the adults can get in the water
bring more water and snacks and lunch
take more photos of the moms of this group!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I have never slept in a teepee...that's something you can cross off your "things-to-do-before-I'm-100" list. Fun times!

Kim Sue said...

love your "for next time" list -- I always have lots of pictures of the kids when we are in a group but never the grown ups!

Kim Allsup said...

oh that looks fun! You will have to tell me where that is so I can go when we get home!

Meghan said...

I know what your talking about, I have tried to post more pictures of myself on the blog. It looks like you all had so much fun. You are inspiring me to "Get Out!"

Bren's Life said...

That is so beautiful. I wish I could go on that hike... No hiking for me here in the desert...

Hilary said...

this looks SO fun!!!