Tuesday, July 1, 2008

13 years



Last night we had an anniversary eve date to celebrate our 13th anniversary- I have to say I am so grateful for Jay putting up with my moodiness, and my silent expectations. And as always- he is right about just letting go and enjoying life.

Our kids put together the cutest gifts for us-

Tonight as we said "happy anniversary" and gave a quick kiss after our family prayer amongst the 1screaming child, 1 waiting in their room for private time child, 1 child waiting to speak privately with dad child, and 1 whining child wanting a snuggle, we smiled. I know that I can't really read minds, but I think Jay was thinking, "this is all part of the ride, that's life, enjoy it!"
So to you Jay-
thank you for continuing to make me smile and laugh
thank you for providing balance to my life
thank you for helping me to see the good
thank you for making the journey of getting there so enjoyable
thank you for helping me to relax and just let things happen
thank you for always looking for ways to be better yourself

Happy Anniversary.

7 comments:

Kim Sue said...

sweet words - Happy Anniversery! I love the comment that it is all a part of the ride and enjoy. I need to be reminded about that more. Hope you enjoy your day (and year) and those 99 cent shakes :)

Jenn said...

Congrats on 13 years - we have 11 come Aug. Your kids are soo-o sweet! What great example you are!

April said...

Congratulations! We just celebrated 13 years on June 15th! Don't you just love those Sonic shakes? My favorite is the hot fudge.

Sandi said...

Wow, those are the best anniversary presents from children I have seen. I especially love the money for Sonic. Congratualtions.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!! Strange how long thirteen years seems (especially in those early years!), but how quickly it passes by! When I got married, my sister had been married 7 years...and it seemed like such a long time...and now we are almost double that--incredible! Glad your kids made it so cute and special! I have decided that I want to get away for at least a 3 day vacation every year! We had such a great time in Monterey without any of the little ones...we were both drunk with the freedom! : ) I seriously just erupted into skipping and dancing a few times!
Happy anniversary...and I'll talk to you soon and tell you all about our trip (since I don't have a blog!)

Meghan said...

Congratulations on a job well done, the marriage and the amazing kids!

Rachael said...

LOVE that your kids got you something and that they thought to do the 99cent shakes at Sonic! YUM!