Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thoughts about 2008 Adventure

We have had such a wonderful trip- It really is hard for me to believe that we have been gone for so long. It has been so nice that we have been able to have a vacation, along with having Luke's surgery. Somehow Luke's surgery felt like a minor thing, a sidenote to everything else we were able to do and experience as a family. Yes there were moments that felt like they were going to drag on forever. But more were the moments that we did not want to end. 

Tuesday, our last day to play in CA- I got so cranky thinking of leaving. I had to talk myself out of the slump so that I could enjoy what we were doing, and not start mourning the end of our vacation. Jay kept reminding me that we still had over 1/2 a week left to enjoy vacation. But the idea of leaving California, and the beaches, signified the end of vacation. We loved being able to just drive a short ways and see the beauty of the coast. I love it. I loved having the whole family playing together, and enjoying it. We want to remember these moments, and try and carry those feelings along with us of living life like vacation through out the normal everyday routines.

1 comment:

Bren's Life said...

I feel the same way about CA. I love going there & love the beaches. I get so sad before it's time to go, because I just love it there & would love to live there..