Friday, June 6, 2008

Thursday-Adventure 2008-

Today we drove to the Grand Canyon
And we were able to confirm my extreme fear of heights!
So no great photos of our family with a beautiful scene in the background. Right after I took this photo,
 I involuntarily started to shrink backward, a walking- backward -while- bending- my knees- into- a -squat type of move. I am sure I was a sight to behold. I got that stomach sick feeling, and sweaty hands. I was sure I was going to pass out.

So Jay took the kids to see the beauty of the GC while I went and sat on a bench. Jay took turns taking Luke and Tucker- and the view I had from the bench was just fine.
We went into the visitors center where I found these words printed on a sign- and I thought they fit me just right.
(my way is probably from the visitors center!)

I really did enjoy seeing the GC from afar, and reading about it in the visitors center. So my pictures don't contain much scenery-
but Jay did get some ...

and I took fun ones on firm ground in the visitors center.



5 comments:

April said...

I probably would've done the same thing. :) I had a really hard time at the top of the Sears bldg in Chicago.
What wonderful memories you are making! How fun!!

Kim Sue said...

the kids look like they are having great fun...so glad you were able to take them. GC is on my list!

Kim Allsup said...

I have a fear of hights too. I am glad your having such a great family time!

Bren's Life said...

A group of us hike Havasupi a couple summers ago. It was absolutely amazing. The water falls down there are beautiful!
I don't have a fear of heights at all. I'm claustrophobic.. Sorry about the spelling. Hope you know what I mean....

Rachael said...

I would love to take my kids to the Grand Canyon! I think I may have to wait until Eli gets a bit older...I don't thing I trust him to stay with us!