Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Saturday-open house

One of the reasons we went to Colorado for the weekend was to attend the open house to celebrate Jay's brother Paul and his wife Mary's marriage. They were married over Father's Day weekend in Idaho Falls. We had just gotten home from our Adventure 2008, and Lukes surgery, so Jay went out to support his brother, and represent our family. We wish we could all have gone!
Tucker and my mom on the way to the open house

We had such a great time at the open house! So many people helped to make it a wonderful night.
The food was wonderful-My mother in law is THE pie maker, so of course there was pie.
(served by one of her friends who flew in from out of town!)
There were so many people to see, and visit with.


But the biggest thing for me was trying to keep track of all our kids.
Seriously.
As soon as I would start to visit with somebody I would lose track of Tucker or Luke. Jay and I were constantly looking at each other saying "have you seen Luke?" or "you got Tuck?"

The open house was at a beautiful home- the dentist that Jay's mom works for- and he kindly took Tucker for a little bit, and had him throwing golf balls off their balcony!

I was so busy chasing kids that I hardly took any pictures! I did not get any of Jay's family, or of those helping. I did not even get any pictures of my kids dressed up looking nice!
I only got 1/2 of the guests of honor!
Becca my niece, and my new sister in law Mary.
Mary's mother, and my mom visitng

The open house was beautiful- we could have stayed all night visiting (umm minus the chasing of the kids) but we had to clean up and leave.
Tucker was the best helper!
Congratulations Paul and Mary- we love you and are so glad we could be here to celebrate with you!

3 comments:

Kim Sue said...

Love all your trip pictures. It's great to get family together and enjoy each other. It's nice that your mom came too.

Kim Allsup said...

I am so glad you all got to go! How wonderful that so many people could help and be such a blessing!

Angela Hodge said...

It was a wonderful weekend. I'm so glad my brother encouraged me to go...even tho nana felt i had abandoned her and that she could never forgive you for taking me away. Life must look so different at 92. She misses daddy so much that she uses shame, guilt, panic attacks to keep us with her around the clock. Thank you for always wanting me to join you in whatever you are doing. I enjoy being with Jays family so much.
Marys mother Donna was such fun. I would have missed meeting her and so much more if i had stayed home. Mother made it just fine without me. Thanks to the rest of the family. We made so many happy memories.
I always love the time we spend together.