Monday, August 25, 2008

Mischief Monday

All of our kids have had their moments.
They all have their own "brand" of mischief.
Each one leaves their mark.
Some are funny.
Some are expensive.
Some make me stop in my tracks scared to think of what they will do next.

Last week as I was telling a story about Tucker, a friend asked if he was our most mischievous child.
I laughed quickly and said no.
But he can certainly hold his own. And I hope that's all he does!
This is not the category that I would urge him to beat his siblings in.

I had been planning on writing a few things today all along ... and then Tucker added another story to share this morning. Did he know I was writing about mischief?

Last week Tucker patted me and gave me this.

And I wondered where he got them.
So I asked him.
And he brought me this.

And I realized that he had taken apart the back door.


This morning as I was answering one of those emails that asks all kinds of questions- I thought I better go check on Tucker. Anytime you have those feelings its a good idea. Just go check. You will be glad you did.
I walked into the kitchen and over towards the laundry-


and he was taking cupfuls of detergent and putting it in the bread machine


So he wants to scoop and dump. No problem. I got out some popcorn kernels thinking that would be a much better solution. I played with him for a bit, then went to finish the email and move some laundry.


I went back in knowing that surely there would be popcorn all over the floor.
Not hardly.
It was all back in the bread machine, with the detergent.

3 comments:

Kim Sue said...

sorry I am laughing..it is so much funnier when it is someone else's child who is cooking up mischief (as well as making messes to clean up) :o) how can you get upset when he is so stinkin' precious!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to talk to you today so I'm glad I could read about what Tucker did. He does the cutest things. Easy for me to say as his NAN. When I think of Tucker I think of the word JOY. I'm so happy that you are getting these things written down. Love You.

Kim Allsup said...

I love the pictures of him.... he looks so cute