Thursday, August 7, 2008

no blogging for 1 week?

We took a last minute trip to Colorado to celebrate the life of Jay's Grandmother last Friday morning and got back yesterday.
I told myself before I could blog I had to take care of a few things ...
Like this,(getting the car cleaned up, believe me- this does not do the car justice- it was filled with crumbs)

and this,(7 loads of laundry)

and this,
a growing paper pile

and this
and this,and this,

and this

I have made a serious dent in the laundry- and the kitchen is clear.
Our neighbor and a family from church helped with the lawn. (thank you! thank you!)
The car got cleaned out and washed, we made it to the bank, the library and the newspaper recycling.
Everything else will have to just get done slowly.
The house will still be here tomorrow.
I have too many stories to tell.
And a cold to nurse.
And kids to get ready for back to school-(it starts 2 weeks from yesterday!)

6 comments:

Meghan said...

How fun to do something spontaneous. During and after trips I always say the car is in "vacation mode" and it helps me deal with the disaster better.

Jenn said...

How very transparent of you! I only put the "good stuff" on my blog! :) Hope you had a good trip.

April said...

Glad that you're back. I hope you are feeling better soon! I'm sorry we won't get to see you this weekend. :(

Holly said...

it's always so nice to get away, it's the coming back that can getcha sometimes!!!! But all will be better in 2 weeks!! Hope you survive that cold though - yours or one of the kiddies? either way I hope whoever it is feels better quick!!

Lene said...

My kitchen looks similar -- and I didn't go anywhere. mmmmm
I really need to get busy on my house!

Rebecca said...

Wow...Alisa...you are such a confident woman! I could NEVER bring myself to even take pictures like that..let alone share them with the world. I agree with JENN...if I had a blog, I would only post the good stuff. (But,seriously, good for you for being REAL!) My friends here think I am OCD because they have only seen my house clean. But then I pointed out that I have always KNOWN they were coming!
My car, however, looks like your picture on a regular basis! I can't be OCD about everything with 5 kids! :)
Glad you had a get-away! And HOORAY for school! Ha Ha. I really do love my kids...but I am ready to reclaim my scheduled life!