Wednesday, September 3, 2008

turn that frown upside down

*I will put a star every time I come and edit this today-
**

I am feeling a little disappointed /grumpy.
These are things that are bugging me- that I am having a hard time letting go:

curdled milk in the car (not in a sippy cup, but spilled into the car seat)
overzealous eyebrow waxing
anticipation of a teacher calling to discuss missed work
being misunderstood
wasted food- lettuce, snap peas, bread, cheese, avocados
disappointing phone conversation
poor customer service
waiting so very long to get tires done with 2 littles in tow
knowing that summer is over
many paper piles


So I am making another list of the things I can be happy about-
What I have to look forward to.
Evidence that I am living this life, and I am enjoying it.
I may not be able to control the things around me, but I can control my attitude.

A washing machine and dryer in our home-and that our washer is still under warranty to be replaced so that I can wash that yucky car seat cover.
I have dark and very thick eyebrows, they will grow back
My child quickly telling me that they missed an assignment and to expect a call from the teacher- no unexpected call.
Being able to use email, phone, texting to make my point, and having someone to be my sounding board and help keep me on track.
Incentive to plan my meals a little better, and freeze, cook, consume, or share what we have before it goes bad.
Choices of where I shop- it is my choice to keep going back to where I shop.
Hooray-tires are still under warranty, and that warranty was honored. And joy that I still have 2 littles at home to be with during the day.
Wonderful memories of a fun filled summer- (and still so many things to blog about!)
My ability to organize and put my hands on something when I need it. (must make time to organize!)

Here are a few other things that are just happy

My kids with all their books, and wanting to stay up late to read
Friendships- oh such a blessing
A wonderful long weekend and a spur of the moment trip with the family
Clean laundry
Luke being so excited for fall
2 birthdays in our family this month and fun things to plan for them
Yummy candles
Music heaven
Gray skies today actually mean cooler weather (instead of gray and humid and muggy)
Mamma Mia!!!!!!!!
Finally finishing Breaking Dawn (glad thats over with!)
New stitchery's traced and in the car for me to do when I am waiting for kids
Singing at the top of my lungs

I think I will just keep coming back to this today and add what is happy.
There is much. I can find it.

*Tucker is playing- he is actually playing with the toys and not taking something apart!
*Luke reading and reading and reading
*Insurance to cover everyone at the eye dr, and insurance to help cover savannas new glasses
*Luke's glasses still covered under warranty (by 2 days!)
*baking chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

2 comments:

kt said...

Hi Alisa - I was drawn to your blog today and I needed to read all the things that both you and I have to be Happy about. Im happy Im able to work full time for a company that allows me to leave in the middle of the day to take Kiel to the Ortho to get his bracket replaced and to buy new glass's since his broke in PE. Im happy I have $500 to spend today. Hope all is well in your world, I am Happy and Love St George. Miss you!

Kim Sue said...

wonderful "happy" list! it makes me smile too