Thursday, January 22, 2009

today

Ah the weather- I did enjoy it today.
(where do we need to move to have it like this year round- except green please?)


Skipped the nap for Tucker and just let the boys play.
Tucker is copying everything Luke does.
Luke had this on for much of our time outside.

After we came in and Luke had moved on to other "personas"-Tucker came in with the suit. Its way to big, but it did not stop him from wearing it.

He copied him down to the glasses!

A little while ago Tucker came to me with a bowl, and pulled me to the pantry with the sound he makes for pretzels. I tried to give him some goldfish pretzels. He pushed it away. Then came Luke. I gave Luke some, and boy did Tuck do a quick change of thinking. All of a sudden those goldfish were looking really good.

And- who knows what this is?.

I have never seen this kind of bug before.


It gave me a little fright!

9 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

It's so fun to see the mimicking.

I don't know what kind of bugs/spiders those are, but I don't like them either. I'm not a bug fan.

vgsmom said...

Just the picture of that bug freaked me out. But I did love the weather, went for a walk with me best friend.

shara said...

It was lovely weather today! Loved it. I do know what kind of bug that is, but will have to search my brain. I will let you know!

Meghan said...

Soo darling. I wish Fuller and Luke could play together all the time!

Kim Sue said...

we call them stink bugs because if you squish them they have a terrible odor...not sure what the scientic name for them is?

Kristie said...

Ugh, I don't know, but I don't "do" bugs. Just seeing that photo gave me the heeby-jeebies. Obviously, he (she?) was out trying to enjoy the weather today, as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Yep - that's a stink bug.

Hillary said...

That bug is a relative of the stink bug but is called a "Shield Bug" I know because my wierdo hubby has an insect book. And also we had them by the thousands last spring. They like to suck the juice out of your flowers and gardens.

Ours got eaten by all the black widows and tiranculas (spelling?) that live around our house. Gross! I hate creapy things.

Anonymous said...

We call them potato bugs.