Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SPT

lelly issued the repeat challenge from last year

for may

something old

something new

something borrowed

something blue

I loved last years SP- the memories are wonderful to relive!
But this year's blue SP is not as beautiful, or relaxing.
I was privileged to take a nap yesterday. I woke, put on my swimsuit in preparation to take the kids on the first day of summer swim. I got downstairs and found out that my sister-in-law Jennifer called to say that there would be no swimming. My mom's neighborhood pool had no water in it! WHAT?!?!?!?!? This is the pool I have been swimming at since I was 6! How could there not be water in it? The pool always opens on Memorial day. We went by last night to check it out. There was a sign up saying that a new drain was going to be installed and a possible date of June 15th for opening. Everyone (minus Jay) was blue.
So out of desperation this morning on a trip to Walmart for insect repellant and anti-itch relief spray we bought a "blue" blow up pool. There was a little argument between Tucker and Luke about what color to get. Tucker won. (and so did I- because it worked for my SP!) I am hoping this will keep everyone entertained briefly. It is foreign to me to think of having to find a place to go swimming. It would be strange to buy passes somewhere. If for some reason the pool does not open, we may have to think about it.

Big puffy cheeks- blowing up the pool.


Lets see just how many we can fit into the itty bitty pool at once?

5 comments:

Kristie said...

You know Ripper is only, like, a buck a kid. And they have snow cones!! :) Let us know ... we'll join you!

vgsmom said...

I remember the blow up pool days. We have great pics of Katie, Josh and Jenna when they were much smaller. Have fun-- Our pool has water maybe we can work that our one day.

TheBMillers said...

fast thinking on your feet - and I bet the kids LOVED it!

Barbi

Lene said...

I love that they all crammed in there. You know the saying 'the more, the merrier'.

janelle said...

Isn't that just the way! First they do away with the out door movies, then fireworks on the 4th along, now they decide to wait until AFTER Memorial Day to get the pool ready! It's not like they haven't had time to get it ready. I am bummed, I was looking forward to going swimming with the kid-o's this weekend.