Wednesday, February 24, 2010

4 reasons this photo makes me happy

This is making me so happy for so many reasons.

1. Blue cloudless sun filled sky. That blue is just how the camera picked it up. I think I need a wall painted in that color.

2. I took the photo myself. Now I am sure I am breaking all sorts of "rules." I actually took the camera off of auto and turned it on manual. Not that it really means anything. Except that I branched out.

3. There are buds- which means spring, which is followed by summer!
And we all know that means sunshine, and swimming pools, and peace, love and happiness.

4. Those buds are from a lilac bush I transplanted. From my Nana's house. I heaved it from my moms trunk into my trunk. Then heaved it into the stroller. I dug a hole. I wrestled the stroller to the hole. Then wiggled the rather large bush from the stroller to the hole. Having no idea if it would live. But I had hope. I will keep hoping that it continues to grow.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Nice bokeh .... good job!! Although I hate to break it to you, but I fear spring is never going to come. (sigh)

Kim Sue said...

lots of happiness

Amy said...

It will be spring soon! I just realized today that I don't have to wait for anything weather related, so I went out and bought some pots. Tomorrow I'm going to get some dirt and a few plants and get my balcony container garden going! I hope your plants keeps on making it!

janelle said...

This photo makes me VERY happy too. It so neat that you will a little bit of Nana in your backyard, Kinda like how we had Dickens in her backyard. Ok, so it's not that similiar but it is "Happiness"

Layne Bushell said...

Lilacs transplant very well!!! Way to go!

The Mrs. said...

I can't wait for spring! Hey have you heard about this: http://stores.lego.com/en-us/StoreEvents.aspx they're doing shamrocks.