Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What to Eat Wednesday-Southwest Egg rolls with Avacado Dipping sauce


I saw this recipe last week and thought it looked great- I was talking to a girlfriend on the phone and she did not know what to make for dinner so I suggested this. She made it and loved it! Then I made it that same night, and had another girlfriend stop by and we invited her to stay for dinner. We all tried it, loved it, and she made it again on Sunday. Then that same night I was telling another girlfriend about it and she made it over the weekend too! So four families agree that this is a keeper.

I originally saw it on Sister's Stuff- They posted the recipe and a photo-

1 chicken breast fillet, diced
½ red bell pepper, minced
2 tsp dry onion
1 can corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can green chilies
½ T parsley
½ t cumin
½ t salt
Dash cayenne pepper

1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Flour Tortillas

Cook chicken and dice. In large bowl mix all ingredients together. Sauté all ingredients until warm. Remove from heat and add shredded cheese. Warm tortillas. Place ½ c. or so of mixture inside a tortilla. Fold completely together so mixture cannot escape. Place inside a panini grill or George Foreman to grill and melt cheese. Serve with dipping sauce.

Here is the delicious dipping sauce- We kept thinking of all the other dishes that this dipping sauce would be good with. (My family will be having the sauce today as an after school snack)-



Avocado-ranch dipping sauce:
1 c. ranch
1 whole avocado, mashed (I added two on the suggestion of my friend Kim)
1 tsp. minced onion
Salt & pepper
Blend together with blender

1 comment:

Ms. Julie said...

This is soooo good! I have eaten it for lunch and dinner a couple of times this week. (I ate the last of it tonight) Thank you for a super yummy dinner!