Monday, June 7, 2010

Savanna Camp





We packed this girl up with everything we could fit into one big duffel bag


and sent her off to Girls Camp last week. She had fun working on her Secret Sister gifts, and getting everything ready to go. I sent her off happy as could be and was totally prepared to pick up a tired, cranky girl from the crash of all the excitement, and lack of sleep.

Hardly.

She came back happier than I could have imagined. I think I will have to let her do a guest post. She came back inspired in so many ways- and set right to work on making an outfit for church the next day! I am thankful beyond words to the leaders that put so much time, and thought into making camp what it was. It was exactly what it needed to be for Savanna.

I had to laugh and wanted to remember for next year:

After picking Savanna up I asked her if there is anything she would like to take different next year, or if there was anything she forgot. One of the leaders spoke right up and said,"yea, how about a flashlight?"

Oops- I guess that would be a good thing to send her with. I will try and remember that for next year!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

She. is. not. old. enough. for girls camp! That's all I have to say about that.

Also, she is such a great kid cuz you two are the most awesomest people I know. She takes after her parents. The end.

Layne Bushell said...

so funny...the flashlight!!! I'm glad she had such a wonderful and inspiring time!

Kim Sue said...

I love camp - what a wonderful time for growth!