Saturday, May 7, 2011

2011 morning with mom +bonus photos of years past




Another year has passed since the last Mornings with Mom. Thankfully this one passed without anything memorable. (Although I think we managed to get there this year as late as in times past, and there was the same discussion with Savanna about whether or not she could come.) The most memorable thing from this year was taking Savanna a few doughnuts to her first hour after we had finished ours.

Not to worry that I don't have anything memorable from this year. I always have the memories of THIS experience. I laugh more and more with each passing year. I laugh at the things that happened that I did not write about because I was too embarassed at the time. Like how when we left the cafeteria to drop Luke off in his class before the fieldtrip I sat Tucker on a table outside the door to give Luke a kiss goodbye. It was so humid and Tucker's diaper was so full that it left a ring of moisture on the table when I picked him up. Or how when I ran home really quick (I was meeting them at the zoo) to change Tucker I found poop wiped all over the white shower curtain. I can remember feeling so completely overwhelmed and grossed out. How could this possibly be my life? I don't know if things have changed much, or if I have just grown accustomed to the mess!

I went to find photos of last year ... and the years previous:

May 2010
May 2010

May 2009
May 2009

Pictures of 2008 Mornings with Mom - Savanna's last time to go!



May 2007

May 2007

2007 morning with mom- just Savanna and Jack!

Years previous are not documented in photos but in my heart. Before we went totally digital!


No comments: