Wednesday, January 16, 2008

what to eat wednesday-Pesto Chicken Milano Pasta



I got this recipe from somebody in Meghan's family, in one of those online recipe exchanges.
Usually I get recipes that are too complex, or too bland. BUT this one is neither of those things.
Great the first day, great the 2nd. I love the mushrooms...and the chicken, and the alfredo, oh I just love it all together!


Pesto Chicken Milano Pasta


8 oz. linguine
2 T. olive oil
4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
1 8 oz. container of sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup alfredo sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1 T. pesto
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup tomatoes or 1 tomato diced
1/3 cup green onions, chopped


Cook linguine. Heat oil in skillet and add strips of chicken, cook fully. Remove chicken from skillet and add the mushrooms. Cook until golden stirring often. Stir in alfredo sauce and broth, simmer. Add chicken, cheese, pesto, tomatoes and onions to skillet. Heat until cheese is melted.

Serve over linguine and add additional cheese to top.

OK... I did it a little different. I added the green onions with the mushrooms after they were almost finished cooking. I also grilled the chicken. The tomatoes, I used canned. I just drained the liquid, and measured them out. This made A LOT!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Now that two people have recommended it to me, I am determined to try it. Do you think it would work with less chicken, or cutting the recipe in half?

Alisa said...

meghan, I would go ahead and make the whole thing, and freeze the sauce that you don't use, then have it for another meal the next week. I think this dish is one that you need the chicken with. You can also freeze the pasta separate as well.