Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What to eat Wednesday-My Dad's Spagetti Sauce

Tomorrow is Valentines Day-and I wanted to make my family something "red"...and I have made this on several Valentines Days...so I thought I better not break tradition. Only 1 problem...tomorrow is a very busy day. Lots of school parties, and I want to deliver Valentines, not spend time in the kitchen. SO I am making this a day ahead. Boy will everyone be so confused when their dinner tonight does not match the scent of when they walked in the door!


The year that I got married my Dad gave me several of his favorite recipes. This became "my" spaghetti sauce recipe that I always use. It freezes really well. I have never had this made by my dad. I wonder if it tastes the same?

Dad's Own Very Good Spaghetti Sauce
Brown
1 pound ground beef with
1 minced clove garlic, and
1 medium chopped onion
Drain then add
1 green pepper diced
2 more diced garlic cloves
2-16 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1-7 ounce can mushrooms
As this simmers add
2 Tablespoons dried crushed Basil
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
Simmer up to 30 minutes.

No comments: