Monday, May 5, 2008

family vacation

Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast ...
Mickey Mouse uncrustables for lunch (Savanna & Jack) ...
Mickey Mouse coloring page (Luke) ...
Mickey Mouse Platys for the fish tank ...
Mickey Mouse linen in the center of the table...
Mickey Mouse tshirts ...

Do you think this means we are going somewhere?!

Oh the excitement that filled our house tonight!
I could hardly stand it all day ... knowing that we were going to tell them tonight!
And then I got a little nervous that maybe they would not be as excited as I was, that maybe I was making too big of a deal of things.
Don't know why I worried about that!

By the time we had gotten the fish, the kids started saying, Wow this is a Mickey Mouse day!
And when the kids came to the table and saw the Mickey ears on the napkin, Savanna said,
"what, are we going to Disneyland or something?"
I hurried and got the shirts, and said something about getting shirts for our trip and handed them out-
They all saw the ears and started laughing, and Savanna asked again "are we going to Disneyland? "
Jay laughed and said "hey we are already going to be in California, should we go?"
Everyone screamed yes! And then hurried and put on their shirts!
3 weeks from today we will be in Disneyland!

10 comments:

April said...

What a wonderful surprise! The shirts turned out so cute!

Meghan said...

HOORAY!! I can't wait for you to have all the fun and I can't wait to read all about it!!!

Kim Allsup said...

What a fun day at your house. I wish I was going with you!

Anonymous said...

How clever! And how exciting!! Have fun!

me said...

What a fun way to tell them about an awesome vacation. I will remember that when we try to go next summer!

Jenn said...

You are so much fun! I am so excited about all this trip means to you all that I almost have tears in my eyes...and I haven't even met you in person yet!

Kim Sue said...

how fun - I know you guys will have a great time and I can't wait to read all about it.

Serendipity said...

I had to come over and see your take on the shirt idea...and I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE it! Very cute idea, and all the activities leading up to the announcement -- priceless --

I think half the fun is the anticipation of it all!

Have a WONDERFUL vacation!

Anonymous said...

You really are so creative. I know you guys will have so much fun. You will have to tell me what
day(s) you will actually be at Disney. We are going to be in Anaheim from the 27th-31st and we are spending 3 days at Disney.

Hilary said...

you did such fun things! I'm excited for you guys!