Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What to eat Wednesday- Icing



This is the icing that I talked about in this post-
Oh I just love the smell of this (and the taste)-
My mom first got this recipe when she started taking cake decorating classes in 1975-
After that she started decorating wedding cakes at home, but with 4 kids under the age of 6 I don't think it lasted for more than a few years. (anytime would have been long!)

Now I forgot that this needs to be a little more "firm" when its humid.
And of course today is the most humid day we have had for a while-
You just need to add a little more powdered sugar to make it more firm.
It would be a good idea to use a heavy duty mixer for this- it has a really long mixing time!


1 1/4 cup crisco
2 pound powdered sugar
pinch salt
1/2 cup ice water (take out the ice!)
1 teaspoon lemon
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon almond
mix for 10 minutes

4 comments:

Bren's Life said...

Oh my those look SO GOOD! Yummy. Did you see my comment again on your SPT blog. My son had cleft lip & palate...

Jenn said...

so you must have one of those heavy-duty mixers I want so bad - no fair. :)

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. I haven't found a frosting recipe that I love, so I am going to give this a go. Thanks!

Janiece said...

what a yummy frosting recipe. You should add it to your ward recipe site.