Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SPT-grass


I love having grass that is trimmed and neatly edged. And most of the time I enjoy doing it myself.
I bought our mower when we were living with my Mom, from a neighbor for $5.
Every summer I hope to make it through one more season with this mower.
I would love a new mower.
But its not something I want to buy.
We have to have a towel under the wire (the wire is held on with pliers, wired onto the mower!) to keep it running.
Every time I mow the lawn, and the mower starts, I feel grateful to have made it another week with the mower!
This summer our grass has suffered from lack of watering and is not looking as green and lush as other summers. I would not trade all of our traveling and fun days for green, green grass though!
Go here to see what others came up with for grass-

9 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

The grass feels great actually. It does not feel like astroturf which a lot of people think it feels like. It gets a little hot right in the middle of the day, but no bugs and no watering and no mower are wonderful.. By the way the fairy ball looked way fun!

MaryRC said...

i think in have your mower's cousin in my back yard. 5 bucks at a garage sale! and we have a very similar relationship too... mary rc

Rachael said...

$5!!!! What a steal! That is great that it still works! I also love your pants you are wearing! Cute-or is it a skirt?
My fake grass feels good. There are so many different grades of grass...ours is really good so it feels good..not stiff!

Chris said...

I am impressed that the mower is still going and you are mowing. You have gotten your money's worth for sure.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Now that is perfect! Who of us doesn't identify with a dying lawn mower? I'm so glad you immortalized him through pictures. I love the way you've rigged him up to keep going.

Holly said...

$5!!! What a bargain! That is terrific - it always feels nice to have a nicely manicured lawn - sounds like you do a great job!

Sarah said...

I can't believe it was only $5. I hope it lasts you many more summers. I can't say I share your feelings on yard work. I have mowed our lawn once and didn't enjoy it much.

Jenn said...

O.K. again you are scary me with the similarities! I too love to mow! Love, love being in the yard in any form - though this heat sure makes it hard!

me said...

Here's to one more summer with that mower!