Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SPT-sun

self portrait tuesday

This weeks element of summer is

Sun

7-2-2008
Umm sunscreen- that is.

I love to be out in the sun- I need it.
I have always loved laying out and soaking up the sun.
I love it any season when I can get kissed by the sun.
I am much more cautious now than I used to be.
When I was younger I never would put any sunblock on.
My friend Leslie and I would try all sorts of things to enhance our tans- from coke to crisco!
(I know, I just rolled my eyes and shook my head too as I typed this!)
I have always loved the way sunscreen and the sun tanning oils smell.
MMM I love how the smell leeches onto the towels and swimsuits- and they just smell so good everytime you get them out.
Now that I have kids, I am much more cautious making sure they get their sunscreen on- but sometimes I still miss doing mine. Why do I do that?
I love the last photo- the little hand that is reaching up for his bottle of sunscreen.
Next summer that hand will be bigger.

Here are some other takes on SUN-

No comments: