Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weekend Road Trip & 300th post

(I was not able to post over the weekend, but I did write ... so I will post a lot today)



It has been a busy week of celebrating, and I had a lot to do to get
ready to leave for our road trip. I had the kids shucking corn, there
was a big soda spill on the floor from the night before that needed
cleaning up and I was still doing laundry.
Jay had said that he wanted to leave around 12. He went into work, and
then called around 11:45 and said "I am on my way home."
I kind of stood there looking around at everything still left to do,
and said "I'll hurry."
Well I hurried, and hurried, and hurried some more. There were many
stops to help the kids with things, and I was hurrying as fast as I
could.
(Jay was helping too, but this was not what he had in mind for getting
out of town.)

So its close to 2 and Jay walks up and asks if I would like anything
from Sonic. I say, no that I am OK.
And he replies-
"Well I thought that since I am getting something you might want a
little something yourself. You know that's why we are still here don't
you? I am waiting for happy hour!"

This is the kind of humor I live with. He keeps things fun. He turns a situation that might be tense ... into something to laugh about.

1 comment:

Kim Sue said...

I so know exactly how you felt when he called and said he was on his way. But Sonic Happy Hour is always a good thing! :)