Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Playlist of my life-Singing with angels

I get to drive the kids to school every morning. I get to share the final moments before they start the day. Almost always we are listening to music. I take requests, but I try and put something on that will be positive. Often this last song that they hear as they get out of the car is what they are humming for the rest of the day. As they come home and are unloading lunch boxes and backpacks, they are singing bits and pieces of that song.


This Christmas I found a new song that I love. While listening to pandora radio (James Taylor holiday) this song would come on and I would race to the computer to listen, and sing along. It made my heart soar, and fill me with love. Finally after four days of this, and only being able to hear the song twice a day, and then only if I happened to be in the room (several times I would hear it just at the end of the song)- I got the idea to look it up and download the album for myself.
Every time I play this song I am moved. I love it. I can not say it strong enough. I Love It.



So we have listened to it often at home over the Christmas break. We know it. It has become a part of us. Yesterday as we drove to school it is what we listened to. The kids were humming it after school and Jack commented on how he likes it and he caught himself several times humming it during the day.
Once again I put it on this morning on the way to school. It felt like there were more than just our 4 kids singing along with me. As Savanna and I broke off into our own parts and I could hear the boys singing (yes, loudly -even Tucker) I felt so blessed to hear and sing with the angels.


"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads" (D&C 25:12).

1 comment:

shara said...

I love that song. More so, I love your family. You really do have something special. Really. It truly warms my heart.