Wednesday, March 11, 2009

thoughts about cereal

Its been a long time since I have bought Grape-nuts.
Probably at least a year. It was before Luke could read.

I bought a family size box on Saturday. Luke and Tucker wanted to try it warm with milk and honey. So I heated it up for them and Luke said, as he read the box ...

"I always thought these were called "great- nuts."

A family size box, sure does not last long. We finished it this morning. I can remember a time when it would last for at least a month. It lasted 5 days. We put it on yogurt. We ate it cold. We ate it hot. Our family sure likes grape nuts quite a lot...

3 comments:

vgsmom said...

Great-nuts seems like a much better name. Why is it called grape nuts?

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I think Luke is right.

I love grape nuts. Do you remember Euell(sp?)Gibbons who used to be their spokesman? Don't know a thing about him other than he'd say his name every commercial and I'd never heard before (or since) a man named Euell.

Jenn said...

I'm the only one who will eat Grape-nuts in my house - Ryan actually refers to it as gravel! We were not allowed to eat sweet cereals growing up so I have always loved grape-nuts and shredded wheat and regular Cheerios. The boys did not get this gene form me! Daddy is too influential in this area!