Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What to Eat Wednesday


This one came from a cookbook that we got right after we were first married. And the recipe is from the same gal who gave me this recipe. Four out of our six like this. I love it- Cover anything with a little brown sugar, and whats not to like? Oh and toasted almonds-mmm yum!

Carrot Crunch
1 medium carrot per person, sliced diagonally
1 tsp salt
3 TB butter
3 TB brown sugar
3 TB fresh orange rind
1/3 C. sliced

Cook carrots (not too much, don't make soft.) Put in serving dish and pour mixture of salt, butter, brown sugar and orange rind over carrots. Put in oven to keep warm. When ready to serve, sprinkle with sliced toasted almonds.

And I just had to include this funny one. When I loaded the photos from the camera, it made me laugh-
Tucker is "sneaking" into the meat in the back ground. He would climb onto a stool grab a piece.


1 comment:

TheBMillers said...

This sounds tasty - I've enjoyed your recipes and have tried some/posted them for my famished Fridays.. Thank you! :)

How do you prepare the orange rind? Slices? Just wondering

Barbi