Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Confessions-

Our church building is finished. We are now back in our real building- and our church time slot has changed from 2-5, to the most wonderful time of 10:30-1:30.

I laughed at myself today when I re-read what I wrote. True that I am not a morning person, but now I know that it is easier for our family to just get up and get ready and go. Not wait around.

Here is the confession: When our time was later I just kind of gave up being on time. Getting everyone re-ready for the day, in Sunday best was a little difficult after having a lazy morning. If we were ready to go, great, otherwise I was not going to stress about it. I decided I was no longer going to be a grumpy Mom. So we would just be late.

Then our Bishopric changed. Jay was released from his calling as a counselor with the stake and now serves as counselor in the Bishopric over our ward. That meant that he started attending our ward again, and I was caught. Uh-Oh-someone would actually notice that we were late. Every. Single. Sunday. And that someone who would say something to me about it.

Now with our schedule change I think its enough time to sleep in a little, and then get ready and go. No more waiting around and being late. Today my goal was to be on time. And we were.

It was so good to go to church earlier in the day and be leaving church at the time we would have been leaving for church a few weeks ago.
I loved being back in our own building.
It was good to have Jay in our ward. To be attending church semi-together.
I LOVED having a Sunday afternoon nap.

Yup, I think I am going to really like 10:30 church.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I LOVE having 9 o'clock church!
I refuse to be late to church...even if I have to be the grumpy mom!
If we are not there at about 8:50 am, then I feel like we've been running late.
I have not had a Sunday nap for years while we had 11 and 1 church, but now I get one almost every sunday...and I love it!

Meghan said...

When we were in Dallas we had 8 am church. We hated it when we were driving to church at 7:30, but we LOVED it when we were driving home at 11.