Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Create

I have the loveliest little beaded "Create" hanging in my studio. I love its beads and curves. It makes me happy when I see it twirling from the ceiling fan chain.

It had been a while since I had actually sat down in my room to create just for the fun of doing so. This room is also home to the treadmill, all the kids extra toys, our "clean" laundry armoir, and anything else that doesn't have a home but doesn't get put out in the garage.
Well it has come to my attention in a subtle way that it is time to dust off the cobwebs and get back to what I enjoy doing. As I was rushing out of the room from trying to find one of the boys a clean pair of pants, I noticed that something had been added to my beaded word.


Some little thing had done their own creating. Apparently I have not been paying close enough attention because it looks like it has been there a while, it even has dust on it!

As a result I have been doing a little spring cleaning, adjusting my schedule and priorities. Along with cleaning and organizing I have started setting a crafting goal every week. You know, like "this week I will create for 5 hours."

It is going alright. Some days are better than others, but I am starting to be much more conscientious of what I am spending my time on. Everything isn't clean and orderly yet, and there are many, many projects to work on. But I am creating.

What do you want to work on? Any projects you need to dust off?

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I have recently been inspired to finish a quilt I started over 12 years ago.

Tara said...

Love your post! You inspire me!