Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday thoughts

I finally attended church for the first time in over a month.
It was one of those mornings that would have been so much easier to stay home.
I was passing Jay in the hall and I said- "I am getting to church no matter what"- and he laughed.
I told him that I was serious- last week Tucker was sick, the week before that was Savanna, then there was conference ... So it was march, when I last attended.

I got there.

Made it through Sacrament meeting with the three while Jay took Tucker out .
(ahhh thank you- it was nice having you there)

Went to Primary and a little girl came to me kind of grumpy like and said,
"I did not want to come today-"
and I said "I know what you mean, but we are where we are supposed to be."

She kind of looked around, then leaned in a little closer and said, "I don't like the song we are singing either."
And I said, "that's alright, its ok to not like every song. You don't have to like it."

Then she put her hand in mine, and we shook.
Almost like she was making a pact.
She had made her peace- and then she went and sat back down.

It was so interesting for me to think about this little exchange.

Sometimes I don't "like" what I need to do.
But I need to do it anyway.
And only after, do I receive the blessings.

I wondered how this little girl felt later on.
Did she feel better, by the end of church?
Did we sing any songs that she did like?

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I find that the days I don't want to go to church and make myself, there is always a talk or lesson I really needed to hear!