Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What to eat Wednesday- Allyson's Double Chocolate Cookies





Last month we celebrated Jay's birthday with these delicious bits of chocolate joy.



When I asked Jay what treat he wanted for his birthday I gave him choices: brownies, hot fudge and ice cream, cake ... he responded with none of the above. He said I want those cookies Allyson made us. I laughed and then quickly agreed.

These are hands down the best chocolate cookie that I have ever made or eaten. For some reason they seem easier to make than just plain chocolate chip. Much easier and tastier than a brownie.

Allyson's Double Chocolate Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cups (10 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips

Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks. Bake 8-10 minutes or just until set. Cool slightly on cookie sheet.

(I am chuckling at myself for finally posting a what to eat-dessert post on the very day we are helping one of our kids go "no sugar" for a few weeks. Shakes her head ...)

2 comments:

jarrleckie said...

They really are the best - yum!

The Mrs. said...

I finally made these, they are fantastic! I don't blame Jay for wanting these for his birthday. These are going to help my baby bump grow by leaps and bounds this week! Oh no!!