Tuesday, June 24, 2008

SPT- stars and stripes forever

She photographs on tuesday-self portrait tuesday

This is the last spt for the month of June-the last of this months theme-
tuesday, june 3rd the emblem of the land i love
tuesday, june 10th the twilight's last gleaming

tuesday, june 17th my home sweet home
tuesday, june 24th stars and/or stripes forever


Last night our family chose to go over to the lake. I wanted to go to a different place last night- but the family won the choice tonight. They wanted to go to Lake Hefner. I am glad we went with what they chose. It was perfect for this weeks SPT.

I said that I remembered playing at a park off of the lake- Stars and Stripes Park- when I was little.
I remember going and playing on the hot metal slides.
I remember getting a face cast done at the fire station off the lake- there was some sort of childrens festival going on.
I remember eating red white and blue Popsicles at the park.
I remember that there was a red white and blue rocket shaped thing on top of the play structure.
I remember it being really close to the water.
I remember how hot everything was to the touch.

Its different now. Much better. 3 separate play structures. No hot metal slides.
It is not really close to the water-(it probably never was!)
It will be funny for me to keep thinking about what I remember from going to the park a long time ago.

Check here for others ideas for this weeks SPT

10 comments:

Unknown said...

this is awesome! (hope mine comes together this easily...)

hot metal slides!! oh, how i DON'T miss thoses... as i'm thinking back now, everything on our elementary school playground was metal. yeouch!

me said...

How perfect for this weeks SPT. Fun memories too!

Anonymous said...

I never thought about it before, but ya, all the playgrounds when I was little were metal. Youch!
What a perfect SPT

Sarah said...

I totally remember hot metal slides. How fun that you can take your kids to a place you enjoyed so much when you were little.

Amy said...

Love the post! Perfect spt backdrop :)

Rachael said...

I love that there is a park with that name! What were they ever thinking...metal slides! And then your skin would stick and burn down the slides...man we had rough childhoods!
I 'borrowed' your SPT logo for this SPT. Love the colors!

Bren's Life said...

I totally remember metal slides. In ARIZONA of all places.. I love that the park is called that..

Becky said...

How perfect for you that the park's name tied in with the SPT! :)

I remember the REALLY HIGH, metal slide on my Arizona school playground...it was fun to read your memories.

Rebekah said...

ooh, i remember hot metal slides! a ton of memories came flooding back as soon as i read that. kids these days have it so easy ;), but then again they don't get to play on all the fun equipment we had like spider gyms, those 3 story bumpy slides, parallel bars...those lawsuit-inducing playgrounds were the best!

Courtney said...

Cute post! I remember those metal slides...I also remember them being at a great incline then they are now...what fun memories!